Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Names.

Just overheard a co-worker saying she doesn't like the name "Sparrow" that Nicole Richie and Joel Madden just named their baby boy. And it occurred to me that I'm pretty sure Nicole and Joel don't give a rat's ass what she thinks or likes or doesn't like. We have been pondering over names for months now and it is definitely a common question lately. "Do you have a name yet?" "Do you have any ideas?" Honestly, it's annoying. I wouldn't mind the question except I've learned that everyone has a thought or comment about any name you may be thinking of... and they aren't shy or afraid to spit those comments out. You know, so you know what they think about your own baby's name. Patrick & I have decided on a name and it's quite exciting. I would love to share it with people but I really honestly just don't want to hear what people think about it. Main reason? I don't care. I don't care what you have to say about my choice for my baby and I know it will come spewing out so we will be keeping it to ourselves until he arrives!

2 comments:

  1. We're doing the same thing for the exact same reason. It never fails to surprise me who all thinks they get a say. Unless it's me or my SO, I could care less if my grandma/aunt/cousin's neighbor don't like our baby's name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it's the perfect name for your wonderful baby:) Don't worry about what people have to say. You know what feels right for baby. Congrats on deciding!

    Good luck with it all.

    My best advice (if you care) take tons of pictures they grow fast. My favorite are candid pictures of them experiencing life (normally outdoor discovery). Those are easier once they can sit up though.

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...