Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beauty Items I'm Lovin' on




HAPPY THURSDAY!
Today is actually my Friday, so... I just have to say it. SUCKAS! hehehehe 

Alright everyone.

I know my blog is so random...

but my blog sort of reflects me in that way!!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty random sometimes. I have trouble focusing on one specific thing at a time... 

I have wanted to mention some of the beauty items that I must have at all times, they are my faves these days and I run out & buy them before my current supply is out because I just can't be without them!!!! 

I have been searching for cost-efficient items to use on my face on a somewhat daily basis. My skin is quite sensitive and I have been battling some icky stuff for what seems like years. I finally wisened up and decided to start trying some new things. I didn't use to take my makeup off at the end of the day and I think that was a big part of it {what was I thinking?!} and I was not using the best makeup for my skin issues either.

Also, I am a firm believer in the fact that you do not necessarily have to pay big buckeroos to get quality products. All of these items on my list are under 20$ each, actually only 1 is over $10. !!!! 

Without further ado, here are my current faves:


Sephora tea tree blotting papers.
 These bad boys are awesome for my face because my face is constantly shiny and oily. Gross.
They are a cool 8$ for 100 papers and I say well worth it! I keep them in my purse and use them multiple times during the day. I used to just use tissue paper, but these definitely do a better job helping me to remove the nasty oil from my face. My T-Zone is the absolute worst and these things are my face's hero in that dept!
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint
 I am not a huge fan of lip gloss that tastes like crap. Or sticky lip gloss. Gross. I really like the menthol taste/smell/feel that this lip gloss from Bath & Body Works has. It gives enough shine for me and I use the {Magenta Mint} almost daily. It is nice to layer over lipstick colors, etc. also with a hint of pink and nice shine. This little bugger only costs $7.50 and B&BW always has some sort of sale, coupon going on. For example, right now you can get 20% off sitewide and the lip glosses are B2G1free. Not bad if you ask me! And, these things last a long time!!!


Mary Kay Medium-Coverage Foundation
I came upon trying and loving some Mary Kay products through a fellow blogger, Sarah, over at Crazy Beautiful Life. I definitely have her to thank for introducing me to the goodness that is Mary Kay!!! The best thing about MK stuff is you can try almost everything via samples before buying!!!! I cannot say enough how important that is to me. I am not rich, by any means {at least not money-wise ;)}, and I don't have thousands of dollars to throw at ridiculously-priced makeup, so MK spoke directly to my soul. My frugal soul. haha
Anyway, this medium-coverage foundation is a mere $15 per tube and it seems to be lasting me a long time since the coverage is awesome with a small amount on the daily! I probably only use less than a pea sized amount daily. It lasts all day, I have not needed to reapply it ever. {i do also sometimes use a matte powder foundation over this to "set it" and give me a little bit more coverage sometimes} Since the samples are FREE, how can you say no to trying it? I couldn't. ;) I have tried much spendier foundations like Laura Mercier {my friend used to work at their counter}, Smashbox, Sephora brand, Benefit... and I am still happiest with MK's. This is a true testament that you do not have to pay upwards of $30. for a good, solid foundation that actually does its job well.


C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
This stuff is bomb. It doesn't smell the best, nor does it taste the best, but it is awesome for my dry lips, face, hands, whatever!!!! I really enjoy the versatility of this product as you can use it pretty much anywhere {i would discourage the use in your eye maybe?} Anyway, I use it on my lips daily and it really moisturizes them. I have also used it from time to time, in a crunch when lotion isn't readily available, on other parts of my body. ie. my arms, my legs, elbows. And $5.50 a tub? Hell yes!

Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Everyday Cleanser Sensitive Formula
This is my daily cleanser/makeup remover. It's gentle enough that I also use this stuff to remove the makeup around my eyes. No stinging whatsoever!!! It's not super smelly or anything and not sticky, either. I use it with cotton rounds every night and it feels great to remove all the crap from the day. It doesn't make my face overly dry that I even need to smother on the lotion afterwards. It's 5.99$ at Ulta, people. Also, this stuff lasts a good amount of time as well. I am currently stocking up b/c it's B1G150% off at Ulta this week. Holla!




And those are my fave things right now.
I'm sure as time progresses and I end up trying more stuff {looking forward to my 2nd Birchbox that should deliver any day now!!!}, more things will get added to this list. Maybe even replaced.

What are your favorite daily beauty items??

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...