Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipe: Sangria {a good one!}


This is long, long overdue. 

For Mother's Day, Gaga Mary & Papa Bob, Gaga Sylvia, and my sister S and her boyfriend all came over for an afternoon. We made sangrias.
I scoured pinterest and the Allrecipes looking for one that didn't involve brandy, etc. I found one here.

1 bottle of red wine (cabernet sauvignon, merlot, rioja, zinfandel, shiraz)
1 lemon cut into wedges
1 orange cut into wedges
1 lime cut into wedges
2 tbsp sugar
splash of orange juice or lemonade
2 shots of gin or triple sec (optional)
1 cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen)
1 small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
4 cups gingerale

pour wine into large pitcher and squeeze the juices from the wedges and toss them into the wine.  add pineapple, sugar, oj, and gin.  chill overnight.  add gingerale, berries and ice just before serving.  
 you could skip the gingerale, if you wanted it to be richer and less fizzy.

I don't even recall which type of wine we used.. I think it was a merlot.
I didn't catch the part where you were supposed to chill overnight either, so we made it and drank it shortly thereafter and it was super yummy even then.
We also didn't add any gin or triple sec. We also used fresh raspberries and fresh strawberries instead of either or. At any rate, I wanted to note this recipe... and will also add it to my recipes tab as it was a keeper in my book! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...