Friday, February 24, 2012

Recipe: February 2012/Week 2

I have been bad with my weekly recipe resolution....

Oops!!!

But... in an attempt to redeem myself, let's try to backpedal a bit.

Here is a recipe I tried for:

Sweet & Sour Pork Chops [Slow Cooker!]
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 4-6 hours
Ready in: 4 hrs 5 min-6 hrs 5 min


Ingredients:
-4 pork chops
-1/4 C brown sugar
-1/4 C ketchup
-2 Tbsp. minced onion
-1 Tbsp. lemon juice


Directions:
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sear the pork chops until browned, 1-2 min. per side. Transfer the pork chops to a slow cooker. 
2. Mix the brown sugar, ketchup, onion, and lemon juice in a bowl; spoon over the pork chops.
3. Cook on low until the pork chops are very tender, 4-6 hours.




Now you all know me.... and of course I didn't manage to snap a picture of these but they weren't really "pretty" at all. None of the food I make is really "picture-worthy", so that's probably one of the main reasons I never even think of snapping a picture of it. But.... these were super easy, used such minimal ingredients, and were pretty yummy!!! We had it with white rice and veggies and Daddy P [who knows I'm trying new recipes this year] said to add it to the list of recipes to use again. Hooray!!! I love me some easy recipes and this one is by far one of the easiest I've seen!!! 






1 comment:

  1. awesome!! I will definitely try this! You need a photo on here so I can pin it on Pinterest!! :)

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...