Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!

I can't believe it's already December. I knew it was coming, but I guess I was in denial a little bit? I haven't posted for the longest time and I haven't read anyone's blogs for a long time either. I apologize. I am finally almost over my sickness, B has been better for a week or better and my Mom no longer sounds like a sick seal. :) Here's to being healthy!!!!

Last night I was a complete idiot and managed to lose my coat. Of course my car keys were in the pocket of said coat and I had to be rescued, again, by P. He had to wake B up, put him in the truck, and come and give me the 2nd set of keys. I was so upset with myself. I feel like luck has left me completely, if I ever had any... but then I realize that my little worries and unfortunate incidents are tiny in relation to the big picture.. and then I get even more upset with myself!!!! There has been a string of incidents that have happened to me in the past couple of months and I am pretty much fed up with it. I figure my luck has got to make a switch pretty soon... right??? It feels like someone put a curse on me. Ick.

I have let anxiety and stress overcome a large portion of my life and I need to change that. I checked out some books on CD from the library concerning the matter but I didn't find the 2 discs I listened to helpful at all. I recently checked out a book "Stress less, live more" but haven't had a chance to crack the cover. I want to try yoga and maybe some meditation as well but don't know where to start there. Everything requires time and that is something I'm a little short on these days. But.... that's another thing on my list of things to learn: priorities.

Bennett has been talking more and more. There are so many words in that little guy's vocabulary that I could not even begin to list them.  He is a complete joy, as usual. :) He has just recently gotten very good at going to naps and bedtime in his little bed with just a crib rail. Just as good as he was before in the full crib!!! Not a peep when it's time to go down. I love this about him and am so thankful for that. His favorite place to grab dinner/lunch is Culvers. I think it's because he knows he gets "cream" from there. Hehe, he's no fool. He got another hair cut on Tuesday and it was a horrible experience. He cried through the entire thing, pretty much. There were a few moments here and there when he would see Thomas on the TV and forget what was going on, but that would pass by super quickly and the crying would resume. NOT a pleasant experience for B, Mommy, or GaGa who was also with. It looked good at the salon but once we got home, Daddy pointed out multiple areas that were kind of "rough" looking... I grabbed the scissors and cleaned it up. I think I will try to cut his hair from now on... we'll see how that turns out! :) It's amazing what a huge difference a haircut can make. He almost looks like a different little boy!!!!

Before
After
 I need to keep up with his hair cuts more.... I have to say, I think he's quite the handsome dude!!! He looks so much older to me! Ahhh!

My company Christmas party is tomorrow evening, downtown Minneapolis. Dinner and a play at the Guthrie! It should be a good time... and then P & I got a room downtown as well so we should be making a night of it. :) Nothing crazy just some quality Mommy & Daddy time. B will be having a sleepover at GaGa & Papa's again. He probably enjoys his sleepovers there because he usually sleeps in a Full size bed.  Yes, the kid prefers the big comfy bed over the little crib bed. So strange! ;)

Bennett has changed a lot in the past few months, it is truly amazing to watch. I say that all the time simply because it's so true. He is able to pretty much tell us what is bothering him or what he wants all of the time which helps to eliminate tantrums and whining. "Use your words" has been a common statement between P and myself lately!

Potty training has been on hold and B hasn't shown much interest in it lately. After the holidays, we will hit it harder and hopefully get rid of those nasty diapers. Any tips Mommies???

Christmas shopping is upon us and I can almost hear the clock ticking second by second... the time left dwindling as I type. Any ideas on what to buy people that have everything they want already???? Those are the toughest!!!!

Alright, time to get back to work. This post has been a long time coming.....

Also, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy interacting with all of you blogging mommies. I couldn't ask for a better ring of blogging buddies. !!!! We should arrange a meet up sometime!!!! :)

Happy Friday!!!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and B in the recliner. It looks so comfy and cozy!

    I wish I could offer some advice for potty training. We don't even have a potty for E. He hasn't shown any interest but I plan to be more consistent about asking him to come with me when Momma goes potty and hopefully buy one for him in a few weeks.

    I can't believe B sleeps in a big boy bed, let alone a full size bed. I am SO not ready for that. I think B is such a BIG boy! He does so many things that E isn't even close to doing. And of course I am totally okay with that. Lol. Can our boys be little babies again?!

    How was your company party, by the way?

    (By the way, I deactivated my FB account for a little while. I need a break from it but I plan on staying in touch with my wonderful blog mom friends by getting back to blogging.)

    I think a get together of all of us would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...