Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing catch-up ..

I am currently on the tail-end of my lunch hour trying to catch up on all of you lovely ladies' blogs. I'm so sorry for the late comments that you probably don't even care to read anymore. :-P

Y'all still out there?

B has been sick so I haven't had many photo opportunities that didn't involve snot all over or red, tired eyes... not to mention less smiles to capture. Poor baby.... but the end is near and there will be lots more pictures to come... especially since the weather is finally starting to look like it's taking a turn for the better!!! Today 2.. tomorrow 30!!!! And a car wash.... so badly needed!!!! My new [to me] car is screaming that she's suffocating under the dirt and salt. Poor thing....

Anyway, we have the weekend to hangout as a family and then Daddy P & I are off to Eelpout next weekend with some friends. Are we bad parents for leaving B for longer weekends here and there?? Sometimes I feel guilty about that.

So last night I went to the tattoo shop to have a 'consult' about having my tattoo[s] removed... well the 'consult' turned into an actual removal. I am happy to have started the process, but it's going to be a long one. But I truly am thankful it's in motion and the end result I know will be awesome. I have a tattoo on my left arm... near my wrist, on the top. It's definitely not the best location and I get a ton of stupid questions regarding it. Are you a Dr? What does that mean? ...and my personal favorite.. Are you in a gang??? Um.... I know you guys haven't ever met me, but I don't think I really look like a gangbanger. I have 3 tattoos... 2 on my back and 1 on my arm. I am eventually going to look at getting one of those 2 on my back removed as well, but the arm one is my main concern for now. I found this shop in the cities and they had rave reviews. The price is remarkably less than other shops I've looked into and I was extremely pleased with their customer service and the place was clean. It is a flat fee of $50.00 each session and he said it would take 10 sessions at the most. Other shops I was looking into their fee was between 1500-3500 per tattoo. Excuse me????! Okay, and then there's the pain. I expected much, MUCH worse. It wasn't bad ... and it honestly hurt more afterwards than the actual act of lasering. Today it's a little sensitive to the touch, but that's about it. I'll have to take some pictures along the way for comparisons. My Mom is going to be thrilled when she finds out I'm getting it removed. Haha. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

My Valentine's Day cards should be waiting for me when I get home.... !!!! So exciting!!!

Alright... time to get back to the grind....

Happy Thursday!!!
[sorry about the bad quality, it's from my phone... on the reverse side camera which pretty much sucks]

3 comments:

  1. Tattoo removal? That just sounds painful! But I'm glad that you found a good place with a reasonable price. I have a tattoo but no one would ever know unless I told them. ;)

    I sure hope B gets better soon and stays better! He is much too cute to be constantly sick. He at least seems to be in happy spirits by the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're bad parents for taking time to yourselves! It's needed from time to time.

    I am glad you were able to find a place to remove your tattoo. I have one and wouldn't think about getting it removed, but it's nice to know there are reasonable places still out there!!

    I am SOOO excited that the weather will be warming up. I am sick of Wind Chill Advisories! It makes me smile that when the kids leave our after school program at 5:30 it's still light out too! Ahh, the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that B is sick! The nebulizer is EVIL! We had to use on when Liam was 3 months. Was not fun AT ALL...

    Now I'm curious to know what your tattoo is that you are having removed! haha I also think it would be cool to see the progress as you get the treatments done.

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...