Monday, August 6, 2012

My name is Anika. I'm a sorta hoarder.

one of many piles of greeting cards from different occasions that I have held on to ...

So... I am kind of a hoarder.
I'm not like those people on the show "Hoarders", but... I do like to keep things around.
I have a tendency to hold on longest and hardest to those with some sort of sentimental value.
I'm a softie?

Anyway, I have been struggling with trying to simplify my life.
So far... it hasn't been going too well.
But I really do want to simplify... it's just hard for me to let go of things I think that I may need sometime.
I guess I'm not really sure how to let go ?? Maybe that's the issue?! 

I keep clothes that don't fit. I keep clothes that I haven't worn in over a month.
My rationalization? 
I might wear it to this event
Or it might fit next month
Or it would be cute if I had this and this to go with it.

I know, it has to stop!!!!

I have gotten a little better ... but we are running out of room for my crap.

A little help??

1 comment:

  1. I can understand wanting to keep things for sentimental reasons--though I've really never had a problem with it, I think largely because I've hard to move so many times in my life! When you move often, it really forces you to get rid of stuff and also provides you with an incentive to not keep stuff that you don't need. So, I suggest that if you don't want to be a hoarder, move once a year for the next few years and you'll be cured for life!

    Just kidding! :P That's far too impractical of a solution...and I wouldn't wish unnecessary moving on anyone!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...