Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dinner Dilemma

My Son, Bennett, is sometimes a little picky with the food he eats.
There are just a handful of items that he will eat at any time, no questions asked.
{ie. peanut butter toast, ranch dressing, ice cream {i know, i know}}
Last night we had BBQ Ribs. He would put a piece in his mouth and literally scrape it off of his tongue with his fingers and say "Icky", "it's not good". So even though both Patrick & Myself enjoyed them, B did not. I can understand how some people just don't care for certain foods. For example, I don't care for lima beans, I'm not even that into peanut butter... so I wouldn't want to be forced to eat those things. But at the same time, I don't want to be a caterer for my child either. Our Doctor told us that we should not make special things for B at dinnertime, if he doesn't eat he will just go to bed hungry and eventually learn to eat when you have the opportunity. We have done this a couple of times and it is absolutely heartbreaking. I understand that logic in being if you did decide to start making special requests from your child for dinner, you'll probably end up making a lot of different dinners on the same nights. I don't want to go down that path, I'm not a special order cook. I also don't want to force my child to eat foods he just doesn't like. So... how can you tell if your kiddo is playing games with you, testing you, or just plain doesn't like it?
Do you make special requested food for your child?
Have you ever put your kiddo to bed hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...