Friday, July 20, 2012

Birchbox: July



♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦


♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦



What it is:An oil-free, skin-perfecting "Blemish Balm" that creates a flawless finish as it moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
What it is formulated to do:This oil-free B.B. Cream is the ultimate multi-functional treatment. The gentle botanical formula creates a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin. It helps to diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven skintone while providing long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. Comes in a self-adjusting, universal shade that warms to complement most skintones for sheer, flawless coverage.Designed to repair damage and protect skin from future damage without irritation.

I give this BB Cream a big THUMBS UP!I have wanted to try a BB cream for a while now so I was thrilled when it showed up in my Birchbox. I don't have the best skin, it is uneven in color, I have a few lingering blemishes here and there and it's dry. I typically would slosh on Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream right after getting out of the shower to maximize my moisturization right off the bat and then follow up with foundation. With this little BB cream, I didn't have to use any moisturizer since it has moisturizing capabilities of its own! I love skipping a step. I also like the fact that this is one shade that adapts to your skin color. It's tough to find the right shade of foundation!! Especially in Minnesota where you can be tan one week and it fades the next. I was also impressed with the coverage. I figured it wouldn't cover much but it does do a pretty good job at covering up minor flaws. I'm not sure how it does on the larger flaws as my skin has recovered from our recent trip to Chicago {my skin freaked out!} but for the minor flaws - yay! no concealer necessary! I thoroughly enjoy how it gives you a much more natural look than foundation does. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing dress up or something and the makeup looks all caked on. That is not my goal. It's $38.00 for 1.75 oz. which I don't think is too ridiculous because like most face creams or makeup, you don't need too much for the day. I do plan on purchasing this one! Until I find a better BB cream, this BB's the one for me. ☺
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

What it is:
A precision, accentuating black liquid eyeliner.
What it does:
Featuring a long-lasting pigmented formula, this black eyeliner has an easy-to-apply, pen-style nib, allowing you to create thick feline flicks and defined lines for a smudge-proof finish. Apply a thin line along the lash line and inner rim or smudge outside the rim for a sultry, smoky effect. This gratifying, color-intense liner doesn't flake or fade and adds a unique touch to any look.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
Bennett got a hold of this before I could... he 'colored' the box these goodies came in and managed to even color the cap of the eyeliner itself. Attesting to the long-lasting characteristic of this eyeliner, the 'coloring' is still on the cap. Haha. I don't typically use a liquid eyeliner, so I don't even know how to use it to its full potential but I am wearing it today. It hasn't smudged as much as my other eyeliner I've used Avon Glimmersticks have but I need to work on my application, especially on my top eyelid {what eyelid I have :-P}. I probably won't purchase this one just because I am satisfied with the eyeliner I have already and I feel like this would dry out? We'll see how long it lasts! Maybe I will change my mind on purchasing it. I give this one a Thumbs Up as well.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Description:
Sea Buckthorn Berry (Obliphica) Nourishing Hair Mask with omega 7 + vitamin c intense conditioning and repair for all hair types. safe for color treated hair.
free of parabens and sulfates


The Obliphica berry, for centuries renowned for its healing powers, has an arsenal of antioxidants, vitamins, healthy fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 & 9, and the rare Omega 7 (usually only found in fish oil). These potent vitamins combined with the powerful properties of the Argan nut oil, native to Morocco, come together to form a line that replenishes, moisturizes, and brings out hairs natural balance. 

The Nourishing Hair Mask deeply conditions and restores hair. The natural molecules in the formula penetrate the surface of the hair to get to the root, sealing split ends improving shine, elasticity and nourishment.

I used this in place of my daily conditioner the other day and it left my hair feeling quite soft. I wasn't a super fan of the smell {nothing too strong}, and left it sit on my hair for 5 minutes. I would never pay 40$ for it, but I did like how it made my hair feel. Fun sample to try!
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦


♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Decadent dessert-lovers delight! Butter and cream aren’t the only ingredients missing from our take on Bananas Foster; it’s also missing a lot of the sugars too. Which leaves plenty of room for flavorful bites of dried bananas, walnuts, almonds, pecans, dates, sea salt, cinnamon, and natural sweeteners. It’s basically bananamazing.
I just had this for breakfast with my coffee. It was pretty tasty! I will admit that I'm not a big health nut or anything like that, but I enjoy a feel-good snack like this from time to time. I would buy these if they were on sale somewhere {yes, I am cheap frugal} because they would be good to carry around in the car or my purse as they don't melt!!!  I actually would like to try the other flavors!! Thumbs up!

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Will update as I use them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...