Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recipe: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork [with Root Beer!]

INGREDIENTS: 
-Pork Roast [i cannot, for the life of me, remember which kind i used. sorry!]
-1 medium-sized red onion
-2 12 oz. cans root beer [i used Barq's]
-BBQ Sauce

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut up red onion and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Put the pork roast on top of the onions.
3. Pour root beer over the roast.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

This was super easy and was something that we will make again. I loved adding the onions to my sandwich!!!! It added a little sweet taste... really loving onions lately. I used to never eat them! Maybe I am growing up after all. :) We cooked ours for approx. 9 hours because it was cooking while we were at work. I think it led to the pork being a bit dry, but it didn't matter once you add the BBQ sauce. I had this for a leftover lunch sandwich today and it was super good!!!! The original recipe that my friend [and family {cousin's wife}] told me about used beer but after we researched it a bit I decided since B would be chowing on this as well, I would skip the beer. I do definitely want to try it with beer sometime as well as I think that would be super yummy too!!! Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...