Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Hard to say Goodbye...

Last Friday was B's last day at his very 1st Daycare he's ever been in..since he was born. It was the BEST daycare provider we could have found and I know that he was very much loved and cared for by this person. But then she decided that daycare wasn't for her and she's going back to school to become a teacher. This is great for her but unfortunate for us. We were very lucky to have had B in such a loving environment during the most fragile part of his life, but I am definitely bummed he cannot go there anymore. He was given a parting present and Patrick told me that she cried and said that she loved him so much. You can't find that at Kindercare... that's for sure. It was reassuring to know that someone who loved him was watching him while we were away at work. But times change, and we must adapt. B will be starting a new daycare tomorrow and I am having some trouble adapting to it. My Mom, who is recently retired, is going to watch him Thursday & Fridays of every week. It will be really nice that he won't have to leave the house and will be with someone that he knows and loves and loves him back!!! I think I know in my heart this new daycare is just fine, but it has been bugging me for a while now, since we signed the contract... so I am on the hunt for another one. I should be calling around right now but I left my list at home... {bad Mom!} This week was a little off because of Labor Day yesterday, so my Mom is watching him today and then he will start his new daycare tomorrow until Friday. So my Mom came over this morning and came just in time to give B his morning bottle and he was up when I left. Normally, B is the one that leaves with Patrick before I leave for work... but this time I had to leave him and he was reaching for me as I was giving him a kiss goodbye. HEART-WRENCHING. Seriously, I don't think I have it in me to leave him at daycare ... if I would have to at some point {fast-forward to October when Patrick goes to Bowhunt camp for a week eek!} I feel like I would literally snatch him up and call in sick. Thank goodness Patrick drops him off as I don't think I have the strength!!!! I probably could find it .. eventually... but maybe I don't even want to. Anyway, wish me luck in finding another provider like the one we had!!!!

On another note, the long weekend was super nice. I wish every weekend was 3 days!!! I know I've said this a million times before, but I would really like to go to a 4-day work week.. for multiple reasons!!! Anyway... B's little teeth are bugging him... one of his top front teeth is coming in and man... it's definitely causing more chaos than the other 3 before it. Poor baby!!!! But I think it's almost through and that will be nice .. for all of us! So he has been a little more fussy than normal, but still a good little boy. We have been making the bumpy transition from breastmilk to formula.. and poor B does not like formula!!!! And I honestly don't blame him.. that stuff stinks. We are on our 4th type of formula and I think it might be a winner. I am still pumping 2x a day because I don't think quitting cold turkey is for me... so I still mix breastmilk with the formula so I guess I'm not a complete failure. :-P It will be strange when I don't have to pump at all anymore... like who am I without the pump? haha.

We have been trying to unpack some more and organize more at our new house. It is such a challenge to get the motivation going... seriously. Especially when you have free HBO & Showtime for 3 months.... ;-) But we are getting there..slowly but surely. And we need to get our butts in gear as we have marked October 2nd for our housewarming partay!!!! Lots to do....and I know it'll creep up on us in no time. My Sister & her Fiance come into town for the weekend in 2 weeks and it will be fun to have them come see the house then as well. Lots coming up in the weeks to come.... I need to take more pictures... although I did manage to take some this past weekend.. a few at least. But I really need to drag that camera out more often!!!!!

I have a question for you ladies...
Does it look like I put B's hair in a ponytail on top of his head on this picture???? I have a Facebook profile for B {I know, i know} and one of Patrick's Aunts commented that she had to look twice b/c she thought I had put a ponytail on top of his head. Um... no comment. But let me know what you guys think. It never crossed my mind once when I was going through these pics... but I dunno??? 

Anyway, I guess it's time I get back to work. Bummer. 
Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I can't imagine how heart-wrenching it is to see your little guy reach out for you. The thought of it makes my heart break in two! My husband and I are going to check out a daycare next week so we can take him there from time to time. I have realized that I need to start making some serious "me" time for myself if I want to remain emotionally and mentally healthy. It's been a little rough around our house here lately. I hope you and B will be able to adjust to the new daycare quickly.

    It does not look like B has a ponytail on the top of his head, at all. After you mentioned it, I took a second look but couldn't see the ponytail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like he has a cute baby mohawk! Don't listen to silly comments. I understand completely about the daycare. Jack goes to a wonderful home daycare and the woman there absolutely adores him. Sometimes I think she'd take him and run away if she could! Haha, but seriously she is wonderful and gives him the best care I could hope for. I do want to put him in a preschool when he's older, but for now I am happy with out situation. It's very hard leaving him and I'm the one who always takes him and picks him up. I don't have a choice but I feel awful walking to my car after dropping him off! I agree with the 4 day work weeks. I am actually would love to go to part-time, but don't want to go bankrupt. :( Can you and Patrick work something out so you could go part-time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... Move to Texas and I'll take care of sweet baby B!!! I know that has to be so hard. And that is totally not a pony tail. By the way, I'm in the process of weaning Presley, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I love the last pic of B!!! Adorable!!! And no, it doesn't look like a ponytail. What is up with relative's comments! hahaha

    Sorry to hear about the daycare. I always hate when I leave a nanny job or the family moves away, goes to stay-at-home, etc. It's so hard to go from being with a kiddo all the time to not seeing them anymore. Hopefully you'll find a daycare you feel better about, but in the meantime it's good that your mom can be with him two days a week!

    And you're NOT a failure. You did so well in breastfeeding for so long while WORKING FULL-TIME. That's one HELL of an accomplishment, OK? Don't forget that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha he does not look like he has a pony tail. I was trying to figure out what she saw but nope nothin.

    It must be so difficult to see him want you I couldn't do it I already know it. When I did originally go back to work (before becoming a SAHM) everyday was hard for me, I kn ow the time is coming where Sae will maybe go to a DC for a few hours a week and it's killing me. The good part is I know it will be great interaction and fun.

    I know it must be hard to transition from BF to FF, but I will tell you one thing. Your doing GREAT as a mom and just because some things don't work out or were out of your control is NOT any reflection of you as a mom. Baby B knows you love him so all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I'm sorry your daycare is closing. It must be really hard to get into a rhythm with someone, then need to find a different plan. Definitely keep searching until you find a place that just feels right. Mama intuition is powerful and if you don't feel like this new place is "the" place, then keep searching - it's out there! You'll find it!

    Good luck with weaning B. Once Asher's milk allergy is cleared up we're going to get started too. 8 months is a huge accomplishment! :o)

    Oh, and I love that first photo. No ponytail that I can see!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...