Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quick little update!

Hi all!!!! I kind of got lazy yesterday... and did the bare minimum with Wordless Wed.!
So we got back from our Chicago road trip on Monday, my Mom's Birthday. I felt like such a bad daughter because it came up so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to get anything for her..and I still haven't...yet!!!! I need to sit in the corner for a while... because of that and because my house is still not even remotely "clean" or "organized"... we still can't park in the garage because of all the crap that still needs to be put away and we still have boxes that line the basement walls full of stuff I'm sure could just be thrown. How sad. It's really tough to come home from a long day at work and try to find the motivation to clean and do laundry. Laundry...I hate you! We have a couple friends coming over in the next couple of days and so I have been especially interested in trying to tidy up as much as I can before they check the place out. You know what else I need help with??? Landscaping. I need to take the initiative and spray those pesky bricks with some of that weed killer stuff. We had a townhouse before and never had to take care of the lawn.... but I can't stand weeds growing in cracks and how the flower areas are so ... icky looking. It's getting kind of late in the year now for all of that, but next Spring... watch out now. :) I'm gonna grow a green thumb if it kills me! Okay, maybe not that drastic, but you get the picture. So...... My little Sister asked me to be her Maid Matron of Honor for her May 2011 wedding... I was not only shocked but I feel so honored!!! What a huge honor!!! I wasn't sure what she was planning to do with her attendants because her Fiance has 4 sisters of his own... but I guess she figured out what to do and I am soooooo honored. Did I say I was honored?? Yeah.... I can't believe my little Sister is getting married... but I am so excited for her!!! First comes marriage.. then comes the baby in the baby carriage. OOOOH Can't wait for B to have a cousin!!!! :-) Okay, I might be skipping ahead a little bit, but hey... I'm excited! I also want to take some time to make a few mock up invitations for her to look at. I designed our wedding invites and programs myself.. also handmade them all {it was a lot of work, but I was obsessed with the detail!} and I think it's the best way to go.

I went to Target today to get B some baby food {No, I don't make all of B's food :::sighs of guilt:::} and picked up some yogurt ones.. I am excited for him to try them. He's had a little yogurt before in an Earth's Best mixed one, but that's about it. I'm always looking forward to seeing his reaction to new foods. :) And yes, I do wait 4+ days in between introducing new foods to him in case of an allergic reaction.. and so far, so good! No reactions!!

Speaking of guilt... I am starting the process of quitting pumping. I had a brush with mastitis {for the 2nd time} a few weeks ago and my supply plummeted. I tried to get it back but it didn't return like it did when I had it the 1st time. I am not quitting cold turkey... I have just eliminated 2 of the times that I pump a day and I'm sure my supply will decrease even more simply from this. I struggled with it for a long time.. the idea of having to give B formula instead of breastmilk, but I have done the best that I can, for as long as I can and am trying to not be that hard on myself. I also feel like a huge failure as a Mother because I can no longer supply all of the milk nutrition that my Son needs... and that is a horrible feeling. It's strange to not be pumping at lunch time anymore, but it's also a freeing feeling. I guess I have been doing it for so long, I had forgotten what it was like to not be doing it all the time anymore. Hopefully things will go alright and B will take to formula just like it was breastmilk. Sorry B, Mommy tried her best!!!

I have a call into our Pediatrician's office about starting B on some meat. I noticed that Jack over at ♥Just Jack♥ has started some and I am anxious to see what B thinks, and I also think he is ready!!! {Especially since he's going to be going off breastmilk soon :'(} The idea of pureed meat makes me want to heave, but that's what B needs... so I will have to try to keep the heaving to a minimum while feeding him. I plan on making his meat myself!!!!

Last, but not least, a good friend of ours found out she is PREGO after a while of trying. It will be her 3rd {her other 2 are 15 and 11!} and her Husband's very 1st child!!!! We are so excited for all of them and look forward to meeting the little bundle of joy.. oh, and photographing him or her... or them! OOOOH. :-)

I am going to see "The Other Guys" tonight with a couple girlyfriends. It's Ladies' Night and we are going to take advantage!!! A Ticket, Popcorn & Drink for $10!!! Can't beat it! :-)


HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are a GREAT mama, doing what you can for B. Don't stress or beat yourself up. As long as you are giving him healthy options, that's all he needs. Over the weekend I picked up a jar of applesauce for Jack (gasp!), so he had his first non-homemade food. But the only ingredient is organic apples and it's so nice to have one less food to chop, cook, puree, etc. Oh, and I made chicken last night for Jack and he loved it! So he has now had turkey and chicken (both ground- so much easier to cook and puree!) and he loves it. I always mix it with something though. And it's not as disgusting as you would think. Once it's cooked, puree it without any liquid to start. Then slowly add a little bit of water at a time and be careful not to add too much because then it does get gross! I added very little to the chicken. I'll be glad when I can just give him little bits of meat as a finger food. Oh, and I give Jack YoBaby yogurt for breakfast sometimes. I get the plain and mix blueberries or some other fruit in it. Jack LOVES it! If you buy a big tub of any whole milk plain yogurt, it's pretty cheap. That's what I'm gonna start doing when I finish with his yobaby we've got. Just a suggestion for you!

    Keep doing what you're doing. You made it 8 1/2 months breastfeeding. That is completely awesome! Enjoy your girls night- you deserve it. I am jealous! And I'm done with my book of a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read this and it's all jumbled and crazy sounding! It is almost 11pm here and way past my bed time! Ugh! Let me know if you need any clarification on anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT feel guilty whatsoever, mama! You made it so far and were so selfless in breastfeeding B so long, and you should be proud! 8.5 months is a LONG time, especially as a working mother! I can't even imagine having to be a slave to your pump like that!

    And guilt over not making your baby food is just plain silly - if they couldn't have the jarred stuff, it wouldn't be on the market :) I've been buying more and more of it myself!

    I cannot wait until A outgrows (fingers crossed!) this milk allergy and can have yogurt - it's always been a big hit with babies that I nanny for!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...