Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's not Friday?

Man... I am tired. By the end of the week, the lack of sleep really gets me. And yes, I'm probably a total wuss because I do get at least 6 hours of sleep every night. I used to be such a night owl! I used to stay up way past midnight but now I just can't do it anymore. I'm so... old. Haha. I really thought yesterday was Thursday which totally screwed me over for today... being today is actually Thursday. Bummer. Tomorrow's Friday, though. YAY!

Tonight I have a dentist appointment. Just a cleaning... and getting my trays for at-home whitening. When I was a little girl there was a boy that pushed me into the wall at church. I'm asian and my face isn't all that 3D {lol} so my adorable little buck teeth {pre-braces} hit the brick wall first and now I have a fake tooth/crown on my left front tooth. Well, I haven't paid much attention to it for years, especially since I've never had any sort of dental insurance until about 2 years ago. About a year and a half ago I started noticing that it's turning yellowish. Not cool. I'm sure it doesn't help that the crown that I have on there now was supposed to be some sort of temporary crown. Say what??? So I am finally getting a new crown at the end of the month and want to whiten the rest of my real teeth so they can match the crown to some white teeth...not off-white teeth. LOL The one downside of all of this is until I do get my new crown at the very end of the month... it will be quite a contrast while I'm whitening the rest of my teeth. I am just going to have to work on closed-mouth smiles and talking like some sort of ventriloquist...minus the puppet. Or.. I could get a puppet, but that might be kinda freaky for B. Joking. I could avoid the huge contrast for a half month if I were to opt for the in-office whitening service they provide. But at 600+ {compared to 235$}, I just couldn't bring myself to do that just for the sake of vanity. I'm no supermodel anyway... I can handle a few weeks with a disgustingly yellow tooth that waves at everyone within a 5 mile radius. Sure I can. :-)

I need to get  my videos figured out. I want to post videos of what little B has been up to lately. I have been naughty with that... I haven't downloaded them off the card in the camera, so the card filled up and I had to then record directly to the hard drive in the camera. Well, in order to get them off the hard drive, I need to connect the camera directly to the computer and in moving, I have managed to lose the cord to do that. ::slaps self in face:: In the meantime, I should really just clear off the card and start using that again. It's so much easier to get the videos off that way. What am I waiting for? To finish everything else I have to do? ohhhhhh yeah. ;-)

Alright, time to get back to work....
HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's after 5...let the Friday celebrations begin!

    Super cute photo, by the way. Asher is in his jumparoo right now too! Love that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My front left tooth is fake too!! But it's permanent. The one next to it will eventually need a crown too since it will slowly discolor (had a root canal on both) but I'm super cheap. It doesn't help that the dentist I've been going to since I was 12 (who put the crown on and I love her!) doesn't take my insurance. I was paying out of pocket for cleanings, but can't afford that anymore. Boo! Oh well, no need to worry about it now!

    I actually thought today was Wednesday, but normally Wednesday always feels like Thursday to me. I am so glad it's almost Friday! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept thinking it was Friday too! I hate it when that happens! I also want to whiten my teeth. The people I work with have really bright white smiles, and I have an ok white smile. My dentist says that my teeth are as white as he would be able to make them - then how are theirs so much whiter?

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...