Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter...1 day late.

I haven't been blogging much because I have been sick with a cold up until probably Thurs/Fri last week.
I hate being sick!!!

So for Easter we went over to my parents' house. We actually went over on Saturday and they watched B while we went to dinner with some friends. Everything was fine and good until Saturday night. I pumped around 1145PM and it hurt a little bit more than usual. I didn't think anything of it but then during the night I started feeling extremely sick. I couldn't get warm enough and I was so achy all over my body. I couldn't be getting sick again, could I??? I felt like I had the flu... and it hit hard and fast. After analyzing my symptoms, I think that I have mastitis. Mastitis is an infection of the breast tissue that results in breast pain, swelling, warmth and redness of the breast. If you have mastitis, you might also experience fever and chills. I am going to the Dr this afternoon to hopefully get some antibiotics to help clear this up because it is NOT fun. So I spent my Easter in my pajamas trying to keep my face away from B, but ultimately I don't think he could catch anything as it's an internal body issue I'm having. I am going to have to dress B up in his Easter outfit and get a picture with him and Daddy even though it's not actually Easter anymore. Mommy just didn't feel well at all. And it sucked because I didn't really have an appetite either. My Mom made this awesome meal and I couldn't go at it like I normally would because I just felt like crap. :(

I managed to take a few pictures of B, but he was kind of fussy yesterday, so I didn't really get any where he's his normal smiley self. That will be my goal this week!  I will post a few that I took though. Even without a smile on his face, he's quite adorable. :)

It's such a hassle to go anywhere anymore. There are so many things that you need to remember to bring for baby! I have been trying to figure out an acronym to help us remember what we need to have with us when we walk out the door. Unfortunately, I haven't figured anything out yet. I hate that feeling like you forgot something, though. And a few times I have had to turn around because I realized I had actually forgot something. That's always a pain! So if anyone can think of a witty acronym, please share!
 
At any rate, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with their little bundles of joy. It's so exciting to spend each holiday with them.

 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:09 AM

    Sorry about your mastitis! Nurse/pump often I heard it will clear it up faster, and you're right, B cannot catch it from you.

    Easter was fun, it's great getting pics of our little ones! Hope you feel better soon sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a clogged duct that seemed to be crossing over to mastitis, and it was awful. I feel for you. I just nursed A often and pumped as well, and made sure to use a warm compress and ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I was wondering where you've been and I hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to see more pics!

    To answer your questions- I got Jack's sunglasses at Target. They have a velcro strap to help them stay on better. And I really don't feed Jack that much. He eats 6 times in a 24 hour period, 3 times at daycare (4.5 ounces per bottle) and I nurse him the other 3 times so I don't know exactly how much he is getting then. It's crazy how big he is and I don't give him anything extra- just breastmilk! I'm actually surprised he doesn't eat more but I'm following doctor's orders and doing my best not to overfeed him.

    Try to get some rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a clogged milk duct twice! I feel for you...poor thing. I thought I was dying my body ached so bad. I ended up getting the clogs out myself. I nursed and pumped constantly and used a hot compress. I also soaked in a very hot tub. It made my aches feel better and also helped with the clog. Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...