Monday, January 18, 2010

Momma Guilt.

Yesterday Bennett managed to scratch his face pretty badly in the tiny amount of time that I pulled off his little hand mittens. He screamed like I had never heard him scream before. I don't want to hear that same scream again... but I know that I will. Especially at his next Dr. appt when he has to get his shots. I am definitely NOT looking forward to that. I try to be strong about it but I am such a wuss. He screamed and I felt so horrible I even cried a little bit. I felt like it was my fault because I had taken his little mitts off and because I'm supposed to be taking care of him and watching out for him. I felt like I had let the little guy down. He flails his arms when he gets frantic sometimes and doesn't control where his little dagger nails land. He scratched himself pretty good right next to his right eye. It started bleeding immediately in a few spots and my heart dropped. Poor Baby!!!! I have since filed his nails down as best that I can and no scratches today.The scratches from yesterday are already healing, thank goodness! I don't want to have that incident repeat itself ever again!!!

On a brighter note, tonight was Bennett's 3rd real bath in his little whale tub. I haven't managed to take a picture of bath time yet because Mommy & Daddy are both always very active and in a rush during this time. The 1st 2 attempts at bath time were a failure. He screamed through them and I thought he would forever hate water. But tonight was perfect. He didn't cry, he didn't even let out a whine the entire time. So proud of my little guy!!! Finally M & D may have gotten it right for him. Hoping not to jinx it for next time! We love a clean baby! :)

Now it's bedtime.... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...