Friday, January 29, 2010

6 Weeks!

Today Bennett is 6 weeks old.

I cannot believe how fast this time has gone by. Everyone always tells you that time passes by so quickly and to cherish every moment. They were completely right, but I am doing my best to make the most of my time that I have left with him at home.

Bennett has been a wonderful baby and we are so thankful for that. He barely cries... when he does, it's simply to tell us that he is either hungry, cold, or he needs his diaper changed. He is a good boy. Bath time has become more enjoyable for all parties involved since Mommy & Daddy finally figured out how to do it correctly. :-P He is smiling more and more and takes absolutely everything in with those beautiful brown eyes. Is there a song about a brown-eyed boy? There should be. He is definitely growing out of his newborn clothes and I am anxious to get him into some of the next size up. I love to dress him up in cute little outfits, but trying not to go overboard on anything because I realize he will grow so quickly!

I have my 6 week postpartum check-up on Monday. Bennett will have to go with me as his Daddy will be at the office. It will feel good to get the a-okay to return to normal everything!!! I have told myself that after this appointment, I will be getting rid of all baby whatever that has changed Mommy's body. That is my goal!!!! I actually want to look better and be healthier than I was pre-Bennett. It's within my grasp!

Every day Bennett gets older, it's a step closer to the day I have to return to work and he goes off to daycare. I have been struggling with this idea for a long time, but there is not any other option for us right now. I am hoping to figure something out, but for now - he is going to daycare. It breaks my heart, but he will be okay. We will be okay. Until then.... we are enjoying our time together!!! Happy 6 Weeks, Baby Boy! ♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I am also dreading the day I go back to work and Jack has to go to daycare. What if they don't do something the way I would? What if he crawls for the first time while he's there? A person could go crazy thinking about the what ifs. I just know that it'll make the time I do have with him outside of work hours that much more special. Everything will be ok and they will still love us no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...